Sunday, September 27, 2009

Blog 5

The part of the reading that I found worth discussing was the section about computer labs. "A variety of effective alternative arrangements can make a lab setting a more flexible and useful space." (pp. 42) "These arrangements can all contribute to making the computer classroom a place where instructional goals can be met."(pp. 42) The arrangements that are being refereed to are hideaway desks or pods of 4 to 6 computers. My classroom is composed of these pods, and I agree with the author on the effectiveness of pods on student learning. Students work in groups a great deal in my class and the 4 sided pods which accommodate 8 students are ideal for group work. Each group has adequate space and are somewhat isolated from other groups.

Egbert, J. (2009). Supporting learning with technology: Essentials of classroom practice. Upper Saddle River: Pearson Prentice Hall.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see exactly how your pods work. I like to see model homes for the same reason I like to see other teachers' rooms: to get ideas! A good classroom arrangement contributes in many ways to an atmosphere conducive to learning.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.