I can see blogs being very valuable in a classroom setting. As I stated in an earlier post, I plan on using blogs with my classes next semester. My idea is to use the blogs as a project journal for each group in my class. The students will be keeping up with their journals daily as part of the project grade. It will be my job as the teacher to facilitate and monitor the activity on each groups blog. Outside of the classroom the possibilities for blogs are also endless. Blogs can be used for journals, articles, reviews etc...
To integrate blogs effectively in the classroom, the teacher must monitor the blogs on a regular basis. The teacher must also set up appropriate permissions for their students. I can definitely see blogs being a big part of K-12 education in the next couple of years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It seems that students will more willingly journal in the social context that blogs provide than they will in isolation. Ideas spawn ideas, so your students should have more ideas and therefore more to say. Good luck!
ReplyDelete